Hi all. I got my hands on the PS4 version yesterday and so far I am very pleased with the game. I also read on the forum that a patch for fixing some minor PS4 performance issues is on the way, which is great.
Once the necessary fine-tunning and patching will be over, I still think there are many areas where the game could be greatly enhanced with some detail-tunings and polishing. Here are some :
- Some sounds are of very low-quality, imho. I'm thinking of the sound of a broke door or of the firing sound of the plasma cannon. They feel cheap and not representative of the their cause (the plasma cannon sounds like a pew pew pistol...). Many sounds in the game could be changed, thus improving the atmosphere of the game (on the plus side, Genestealers' screams are terrifying).
- It should be possible to cancel a Psygate during its launch.
- Health bars of both yourself and your allies could be more intuitive. Instead of a half-circle, why not a vertical bar? That way, it would be more easy to gauge your health.
- A bit more lore details could be great. For example, when you enter into a ship, it could be great to have 4-6 lines of that ship history, his mission or his destination and the date of his disappearance. When I enter the Hand's of Cadia, I want to know here that ship was headed! Similarly, Minor Relics could have at least a name, and maybe 1-2 lines of description.
- On console and on a TV, some fonts are ridiculously small.
- I find the Order Menu confusing, especially when I have to toggle between the two other squad members. Is there any way to improve it? I don't know how it plays on PC, but there are definitively rooms for improvement for the console.
There you go! Good work for the devs on this game.
Supposedly another update is coming. But then again all we got told is “soon” once again
Haven't they said that like, three-four months ago?
Focus admitted in the past that their silence was damaging for them. I guess they have real internal issues right now, and those are not over yet.
Still, total radio silence is... kinda weird (and frustrating). At least they could give us something on the vague release date circulating on Amazon and other sites.
Hey Focus/Community managers,
Now that What's Now event is over and got some new infos from medias, it would be great to hear any news from you. A new Community update would be really appreciated and would help people understand the efforts you put in the game.
I'm really afraid they'll announce some bad news, like "We got that issue and we tried to solve it to the last minutes, but we couldn't and we'll have to cancel the console release" or something like that...
Hopefully, the few communications we had so far were confident on the game being ported on console, so I don't think it will happen, but still, it makes me wonder.