I've found a few bugs.
Bug #1 - FOV and screen effects sticking
Reproduction steps part 1 (screen effects):
- Be in pre-match state.
- Aim down sights with a scoped weapon.
- If you are doing the above when the timer runs out, the scope effect will carry on to the actual game.
- The effect will remain on your screen until you find a weapon and reload / aim down sights again.
Not sure if all scopes are affected, this happened when using an ACOG iirc.
Reproduction steps part 2 (FOV):
- Be in a match.
- Get killed while you are aiming down sights. (FOV gets narrower as zoom is applied)
- Then spectate a player or your duo partner.
- The FOV that was on your screen when you died will be your spectator view FOV.
Expected result would be to have the same FOV when spectating as your options are set. (Mine is set at the max 95)
Bug #2 - Texture LOD issue
- I'm trying my best here to describe the location, so bear with me.
- This happens at the base of a broken-in-half ship hull. There are tank traps littered around and the ship is kind of nose down in the ground.
- The game seems to draw the long-distance LOD mesh on top of the actual ground texture even when you are on the spot, so there is kind of a ghost texture at knee height which you can walk through.
- I have my textures set to low, but iirc this also happens on medium textures.
(I'll try to find the exact location and edit the post later in case this is not descriptive enough.)
Bug #3 - Getting stuck to a tree
- I can't find an up to date map of the game online (could the devs upload one please?), so this is also a shot in the dark location wise.
- The tree in question is in Zalesie.
- When you approach the city from east to west, on the southern side of (possibly) the south-most large building, there is a tree which will "trap" the player.
- If you touch the tree, you cannot move or jump out of its' grasp. If you try to move, the view will kind of jerk back and forth as the game was lagging, while in reality it is not.
That's all for now. I've had two cases of 0xC0000005 Access Violation crash, but the reports have been sent via the crash reporter. Any update or insight regarding that kind of crash?
I've been playing Fear the Wolves for a couple of days now, both solo and duo with a friend. It's been great fun, however, no game is without its' shortcomings.
This is a small list of things that has either raised inconvenience, is a bug, or just noted for another reason:
If you want to play multiple matches with someone in your friends list, you always have to re-invite after the match. This is unnecessary imo. Due to this, you also have to go to the main menu after a match ends, you cannot search for a new match instantly from the end screen. If you do, you get a random duo partner and there is no way to cancel the search.
When you launch the game and get to the main menu, it would be nice if the game remembered your preference for "play solo" instead of reverting back to duo-ing with a random every time.
When spectating, FOV is different than your setting. I have it set at the max (95) but it is clearly smaller when spectating your duo partner. For a lot of people, too small FOV causes headache/nausea.
One of the shotguns (Remington iirc) has its' reload animation bugged / out of sync.
The inventory / looting screen is quite confusing for new players (just squares without any description, eg. "These are your backpack slots") and is quite tedious to use. Either shift-click or double click should be added to make looting faster and more user-friendly. Drag drop is slow and clunky. A bit of color (or some other way) to the items wouldn't hurt to make differentiating one ammo type from the other faster.
Graphics options are pretty limited. The game runs decently, but it would be nice to have options to turn certain things down a bit. Foliage quality (NOT draw distance), an option to disable bloom effects, etc. Also a way to disable head bob and the unnecessary player sway motion when coming to a stop would be appreciated.
This is my personal opinion, but I feel the matches end slightly too quickly. I feel that the adrenaline infection / radiation zones should take a little bit longer to appear when the match is nearing the end, to not make the finale such a chaotic run-fest. The adrenaline infection is a good way to bring the players closer to the end zone, but it's detrimental to the inevitable combat that occurs in the final few squares.
Other than the stuff mentioned above, it's been a nice experience and I hope the player base will grow.
A big thanks to the devs from a STALKER fan.