The current winch operation settings are not friendly to the joystick, why not just use the mud runner settings?
I think the current winch settings are better than in Spintires or Mudrunner in my opinion. Much quicker to load cargo in trailer than logs in MR. Though i use gamepad not joystick. Not so much hassle with the camera view in SR.
@rekkapete What I mean is that all connectable points within the scope of the winch interface must be manually selected one by one. The Mud runner setting is selected according to the viewing angle, which is much faster than it is now. The keyboard and mouse do not have this problem.
Hi guys, maybe I missed something (havent tried the test server yet) but I think the wheel support really sucks. When you select a preset, everything stays on empty so you have no clue what control does what action and there is no shifter support, I hope that we will get the chance to change the button lay-out and what gear is in what place on the shifter just like mudrunner had.
@wrangmog @esorokin I was the first person, who made a guide for steering wheel, because the DEVs just put it aside completely. In fact I did their job.
But I will also tell that after 3 months wheel support still sucks.
- There is no wheel calibration. If such option existed, there would be no problem connecting 3rd party and DIY wheels to the game.
- Preset setup does not demonstrate bottom mapping. It is just unacceptable as it is. Why a person should guess? Especially about combo controls.
- Custom wheel setup is a separate unmapped setup. You cannot edit preset setup. You need to recreate the whole setup from scratch. And you still will have bugs, unable to map combo controls, or some controls in one section doubling another, mapped to completly different bottoms. To delete the entry you need to use Del bottom, but it is not documented anywhere.
- You cannot press what is no hinted. That's why when you select show only wheel controls, it disables your keyboard controls completely. The same thing when you disable HUD, it disables most of your controls, including gear controls.
- Because of very poor throttle control implementation, you will have constant engine stall without any reson.
- Because the DEVs did not even planned H-shifter support, if you map it to present fake gears, you will control conflict making your winch unresponsive.
- There is some bugs with collision (when changing the map), that may cause your wheel go crazy and probably even damage it physically.
- Force feedback implementation is still very poor. Spring gain that centers your wheels while moving is very weak comparing to other forces and implemented with full strength at ones as you start moving, when it should increase gradually depending on the speed of the truck. Other forces are too strong. Especially static friction. That is unrealistic as it is.
Most of these bugs were reported since long ago (Day 1 or first major update v 5.0), but have never been worked on.
For now I can say that wheel support is very poor and the game is only designed to be played with keyboard and mouse.
@Tigron well, in my opinion they have to make it just like mudrunner. That worked fine, especially with the shifter, it would also be cool to see a sequential gearbox, like 3rd Gear is up and 4th is down (and ofcourse the flippers). And give us the option to chance the presets....
I guess we have to wait and see what it will bring in the feature....
It looks like a new game update in the Public Test Server made it impossible to customize all trucks from mods.
That's why it called test server or on other games beta. Mods on betas always (mostly) make problems
Mods have nothing to do with this error and with almost all means, in particular with heavy vehicles, it is probably some particular component, precisely only of heavy vehicles, which creates the problem, if you try to customize a car, a jeep , usually not from problems, while with trucks, always ...
@Roby1164 I now have all mods disabled and I can safely play on any machine. Why are you misleading people?
I deceive who ???
I'm not the only one who reports this problem.
Made several tests, and the results are those, as you try to manage a truck, the game crashes ..
Among other things, it is not all afternoon that starts, error LS-0013 .... Done verification, no changes. Soon uninstall and reinstall, the beta, and it's the last test