Friends Only Option in Console Co-Op?

Re: No Plans for Friends-Only Option in Co-Op

So..... It's been a couple years and the latest news about a PS5 enhanced update of the game got me thinking.

My friends and I only liked co-op in this game and we stopped playing it simply because you couldn't create a "friends-only" session. You were forced to play with randoms which in some cases was alright but more often than not, we would get paired with trolls, Rambos, lone wolfs, etc. It was more an exercise in frustration than anything resembling teamwork and fun.

I guess my question is, has that changed over the past two years? My friends and I are waiting for Six Days in Fallujah but that's still a ways off and are itching for games to fill the tactical gap in the meantime.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

@Kean_1 We definitely need a way to play with friends only, I’m tired of having to play with randoms either trolling, team killing and just not knowing what to do.Hopefully they have plans on making private servers.

@Nick-F-0

So, I take it they haven't added that option thus far? ....and yeah, I agree.

I was hoping my friends and I could jump back into I:S but if that's the case then it's a no-go for us.

As Six Days was in early development, that was one of the first things I asked about and they confirmed. You can play with randoms or just friends. 1,2 or up to 3 including yourself. No limitation although it's harder with less. They are also looking to increase the team size as an option later in development or post-release.

I always wished NWI would have done the same from the get-go and I really don't see why they don't. I really think they could have held on to a lot of us co-op players for longer if they did.

Heck, It took year for R* to create a friends/invite-only session in GTAV but they finally saw the value and did it.

Guess we'll have to wait until Six Days releases later this year to scratch that mil-sim(ish)/tactical itch again.

Thanks for responding Nick.

last edited by Kean_1