Hi everyone. I just wanted to get a list of the current issues I'm experiencing, and some feedback on the game so far. I've got about 100hrs in the original and a decent K/D. Before everyone starts crying about how the game is still in beta (this argument seems popular at the moment), at least understand that there is only so many changes that can be made in a couple weeks prior to release, and that the current build may be a pretty good reflection of how the game will perform on launch. Ultimately I don't know how much the team can do in so little time - I guess time will tell. So here's my little rundown:
- The locked to spectator bug (see other posts) is catastrophic, and for many players has made it impossible to play the game. It happens frequently to me.
- Upon joining online matches, the game often crashes. I always report the crash using the UE4 reporter, but after waiting for a long time (sometimes ages) to join, it's annoying for it to crash. And then you load up the game again, wait again, and then get locked into spectator - really?
- There are clearly issues with how the game is running/the netcode/stuttering etc. The original, on the Source engine, felt incredibly smooth - so much so, there was even a genuine competitive scene. This game feels rough, jumpy, and imprecise. Hit registration issues may come into this too. At least when you died/didn't kill someone on the original, you knew that it was your fault. With the beta of this one, there is scope to blame the game in those situations.
- There are many graphical issues. It often takes ages for guns/items to load in for me. Sometimes players have no heads/legs etc. The anti-aliasing is only somewhat effective. Tracers sometimes float through the air (especially for the AK47SU I think). Sometimes scopes are just black when you ADS. Why does the screen go grey (like, brightness decrease) when you're in smoke? Is that intentional? It's silly. The smoke is smoky, you don't need further impairment.
- The credits thing is often wrong, I buy items and it doesn't reduce the credits I have, and then I try to buy something I have enough for and it says insufficient.
- The XP system is pretty awful. Sometimes I will get 1k, sometimes 10k with no real reason.
And now feedback on some potential changes:
- Don't make me right click to cook my nade.
- Magnified sights should be flip-to-side mounted, and there should be an option to flip the magnifier away. This doesn't even have to be animated. You could then increase the supply cost of those scopes to balance.
- Ammo types in the original were often moaned about - AP ammo was virtually required to be competitive. I see some guns come with AP ammo as default, for balance. It would be cool to see a return of HP ammo, and maybe the option of AP ammo on some guns (maybe at big supply cost?).
That's all she wrote for the time being. I hope the devs see this, and use the information here to make the game better. I want this game to be successful and fun to play. I hope that, on release, it can be both of those things.