We are releasing a patch today to address some issues that have popped up since launch and to make other general improvements. This includes better optimization, new enemies in Coop, changes to Competitive, and more. We hope you all enjoy! Please read on for the details.
- Fixed an issue where first person arms and third person cosmetics could become invisible.
- Fixed an issue with doors becoming desynchronized for certain players, preventing them from being open or closed.
- Fixed a bug causing the wrong animation to trigger when performing a speed reload on an empty magazine.
- Fixed an issue causing mines to float when thrown and not detonate when in proximity to vehicles.
- Fixed an issue where team-mates mines were triggering on friendly vehicles.
- Fixed a rare issue where the player could occasionally spawn without any weapon or footstep audio.
- Fixed an issue where muting players using VoIP would not also mute the radio transmit beep sound effect.
- Fixed an issue in Push where the defending team would instantly be granted a victory once both teams hit zero waves on the last territorial objective.
- Fixed an issue where stamina drain from simulated movement wouldn’t update the correct value, causing stuttery movement.
- Fixed Checkpoint insertion vehicle playing the handbrake sound effect constantly.
- Fixed an issue where the vehicle crash and suppression effect was being applied when a vehicle changed velocity suddenly.
- Fixed an issue where the cache objective damaged material was not being reset correctly.
- Fixed an issue with cosmetic and variation names on the plaque widget.
- Fixed an issue with bipods and foregrips causing them to be detached from the weapon in third person.
- Fixed an issue where non-rendered characters could become desynchronized when they were then rendered again.
- Fixed bot specific cosmetics not applying when changing class most notable on counter-attack bot types.
- Fixed an issue with the “Skirmish Victory” achievement which was making it unobtainable.
- Fixed an issue where “Road Hazard” and “J.R. .50” achievements were not reliably obtainable.
- Fixed an issue where the amount of appearance credits a player has would not be displayed when customizing their character from the post-match screen.
- Fixed an issue where vaulting could cause the player to fall into the ground.
- Fixed an issue where the Flight Gloves cosmetic would clip with the hand mesh.
- Fixed an issue where blood pools were not being created under ragdolls.
- Fixed an issue with teleporting bones which improves performance when limbs are dismembered.
- Fixed a bug where vehicle crashing audio could be triggered constantly when colliding with a player.
- Various bug fixes for localization translations across all languages.
- Fixed an issue where a cvar could be manipulated through INI files to obtain an unfair advantage.
- Fixed an issue causing prop vehicles to not be destroyable.
- Fixed LOD issues on certain Security equipment combinations.
- Fixed LOD bone issue with the shot sleeve button down cosmetic.
- Fixed an issue where third person grenade launcher reload animations were not playing.
- Fixed an issue with foregrip bipod alignment on the Mk 14 EBR first person animations.
- Fixed an issue with hand clipping with extended magazines on the following weapons:
- Mk 18 CQBR
- Mk 17 Mod 0
- M4/M16 platform rifles
- Optimized various props in the game to improve level-specific performance.
- Improved character motion with linear smoothing.
- Fixed an issue where the characters feet were slightly clipping with the ground.
- Improved jumping and falling animations.
- Improved character lower body rotation to be more in sync with velocity.
- Improved weighting for the Hard Knuckle and Soft Padding gloves.
- Reduced the size of the MP7 compensator.
- Added explosive throw animation for third person prone.
- Third person spectate is now disabled in Competitive.
- Adjusted the PK-AS optic cost for Competitive to 2 supply to be consistent with other optic options.
- Added a 3 second grace period after an objective is captured in Checkpoint, where a player who dies will still respawn if killed within those three seconds after capturing.
- Improved idle kick:
- Player is kicked when idle in spawn as the last one standing for 10 seconds.
- Player is kicked when idle outside of spawn for 30 seconds.
- Added countdown warning messages in chat log before player is kicked.
- Adjusted the competitive ruleset team switch timer to be 20 seconds instead of 10 seconds.
- Insertion vehicles can no longer be destroyed.
- Tweaks to Competitive player ready requirements:
- Require at least one player per team to be ready before starting the game on a matchmaking server.
- Don't end the round instantly if the required player count dips below the minimum.
- Elimination conditions will be met if a team becomes empty.
- Match is abandoned if there is no longer the required number of players.
- Added new “Elite” enemies. Elite enemies wear distinct clothing and use better equipment, and will sometimes come during counter-attacks.
- Ensure bots firing rockets are now fully ironsighted for a second before firing.
- Bots in crouch cover should stand up so they can shoot targets that are below them.
- Added missing driver for Security insertion vehicles.
User Experience Improvements
Added an alert sound which triggers when the ready-check appears in Competitive matchmaking.
Requeuing in competitive matchmaking must now be performed manually and is no longer automatic.
Added the following options to the audio settings page:
- “Sound In Background”: toggles whether game will continue playing audio when alt-tabbed.
- “Mute VoIP Radio Beep”: allows players to mute the VoIP radio transmit beep sound effect triggered when players talk over VoIP.
- “Mute Voice-Over Radio Beep”: allows players to mute the voice over radio transmit start and end beep sound effects for when ingame characters speak.
Updated the first support indicator to be less visually obstructive.
Added ruleset “CompetitiveTheater” which has no rule changes, only the loadouts, allowing community servers to create their own.
User Interface Improvements
- New style for fire mode indicator on the HUD.
- Updated competitive rank to display current division within the tier. Progression within a tier starts with division 4 and ends with division 1. For example, a player who is at Silver division 1 who increases in rank will go to Gold division 4.
- Added new 2 round burst icon for weapons that support it (G36K).
- Updated player level icons with new assets. The beginning Bronze levels should now be properly represented with a layer of moss.
- Updated VoIP activity icons.
- Updated loading icons.
- Fixed antalisasing issues with drum magazine HUD icons.
Map Balance & Fixes
- Moved A Insurgents spawn to a more protected location on Push Security.
- Reduced camping spots in a few buildings.
- Moved the A spawn slightly on Push Security.
- Refined restricted areas on Push Insurgents and Firefight East.
- Several minor adjustments to improve level flow and balance.
- Switched fire particles to blueprints.
- Refined blocking volumes to smooth out player movement.
- Fixed several minor exploits.
- Switched fire particles to blueprints.
- Expanded restricted area for A Security spawn on Push Security.
- Refined bot cover nodes.
- Fixed various exploits.
- Fixed a certain missing wall.
- Fixed various rock seams.
- Fixed various blocking volumes.
- Fixed various minor issues.
- Cleaned up and refined materials to address performance.
- Fixed a few issues where the player could get stuck.
- Fixed an issue where a hallway suddenly became very dark.
- Fixed an issue where a player could get under the map.
- Fixed numerous exploits.
- Added a bit more cover near B on Push Security.
- Added a bit more cover for objective G on both Checkpoint scenarios.
- Refined restricted area for A Security spawn, on Push Security.
- Fixed various issues with rocks.
- Moved insertion point on Checkpoint Security.