PTS Update 01/03/2021 (12.10)

Hello SnowRunners!

We've just opened up the Public Test Server for testing! A number of fixes have been applied, including for crashes and co-op, and a change to the gearbox stick movement.

Any feedback you have is much appreciated, as always! 🙂

• Fixed a bug where video settings were not saved after restarting the game
  • Fixed slow gearbox stick movement when a player is trying to set it to reverse
  • Various fixes for logging mechanics in co-op
  • Crash fixes and optimizations
last edited by Jellyfoosh

Hey Everyone,

In this build we've significantly re-worked logic behind cargo synchronization, especially everything related to logging. We would appreciate if you provide your feedback from this build on logging and other features while we are working on public release of this update for everyone.

Also, it would be helpful if you'll use you save files from live build and use it on this one to make sure that all trucks and trailers are in place, because for this update we've changed a lot of parts of our maps in order to increase free RAM for consoles mods (not visual changes, just technical optimizations).

Need to re-download nearly 20GB of content, why did you kill the previous PTS version?

@esorokin said in PTS Update 01/03/2021 (12.10):

in order to increase free RAM for consoles mods

Could PC players expect a mod optimization too, at some point?
With textures option on high/ultra, i can not load more than ~40 mods.
With textures on low, i can load ~80.

""Also, it would be helpful if you'll use you save files from live build"
Are you saying i should or should not use my save from the original game? In other words, what is the live build?

@oldevil66
You USE the save from the original game
Live build is original game 🙂

@Tazmanyak yes we will actually increase limit for PC in phase 4

Thanks for your info , How Big is the Limit of Mods in Future on PC Windows Based System.s ??

@esorokin
Oh my! Finally !
Thank you ♥

When will this update going to be on LIVE servers? Please give us approx. ETA. not "soon"

last edited by ya boi

@Tazmanyak

Are you really need more than 40 mods? Are you testing mods?
I never find more than 10 -20 mods to worth... vehicles and maps together..

last edited by Nona

I got ~70 mods incl. maps. I like variety, some times i like to pull out a zil 157, other times a kamaz or oshkosh truck. I like options.
Also i've spend a lot of time testing trucks, keeping the realistic once and deleting OP stuff.
However, i've not experienced this limit people talk about.

@esorokin

great news, thx a lot, sir!)

PLEASE GIVE US BACK THE MEDIUM LOG CARRIERS FOR TRUCKS!!
ITS SENSLESS TO ONLY HAVE MEDIUM LOG CARRIERS AS TRAILERS...
WE HAD IT BEFORE AND YOU TOOK IT AWAY...PLEASE RECTIFY THIS ASAP

Not mentioned on the notes a topic of increasing memory ram limit in 40% for mods in consoles. Will this come on this patch as well?

Thanks
Regards

How about the bug which makes the new International and Pacific trucks to not be in the game world? The Truck Store keeps saying explore the world to discover the trucks but THEY ARE NOT IN THE WORLD. There is nothing in the flooded farm field where the Pac should be and there is nothing in the Garage yard where the Paystar should be.
Don't forget about that one.

@Nona Well, in fact, i do enjoy any of the trucks i am suscribed to.
Playing lot of custom maps, so there is work to do for all the mods 🙂

And yeah, i also test quite a lot of mods in development

I do regular cleanups. But as time passes, more and more very good new vehicles are released. And it brakes my heart to have to remove the old ones xD