One star triumphs

@grubdumpling said in Vehicle Presentation: Introducing the B-6A!:

Did anyone manage to get one of the other single star trucks across the water (deluge)?

Good opportunity for you all to boast here. I’m happy to say I completed all maps in hardcore on one star but only ever with a 4x4 scout, Never with a c256 or b130 and I don’t think I’d even bother trying for that long (perhaps this afternoon). Anybody want to show off and tell us it can be done?

challenge accepted. Gimme an hour or two to free disk space and record it.
inb4: it's possible to get B6a and c256 from starting point to garage location,
BUT on their own chasis and without those "doghouses".

A-tiers are rather luck based, due to floating in streams with stalled engine and very few shallow enough waters.
It was possible to get "on other side" with b130 back in OldTires by placing it in slot with utility semitrailer - added weight on rear axle with available diff. lock and "not so thick" water were great help in getting over that. In MR B130 is on it's own chasis, without diff. lock.

Edit 04, summary: I've actually managed to cross waters on stripped B130. Must be "Ridge" update's wheel tweaks. C256 had more struggle than usual, but also reached north island with 2 randoms. B6A has been decently plowing through until I've failed at some point. Had to edit that out primarily because YouTube and my browser had hard time uploading raw material and I did better in another video anyways.
Proof B130, C256
Successful B-6a attempt. This is latter video, after a dozen of retries, because tractor is either drowned thanks to engine in it's asscenter of mass and turned over on fallen trees also due said center of mass.
Proof B-6a

last edited by DeadWanderer

I did try with all the other one star vehicles, but i wasn't satisfied with the lucky floater approach. The b6a legitimately drove the north crossing to where the k700/d535 spawn. I'll probably be trying again tonight so i'll post results, i didn't complete it due to the garage trailers despawning.

Now that i've done it a couple times it's pretty easy to get the b6a to the north island, though out of three attempts only two made it, and only on the last try did i do it with less than 20 damage points. I can probably duplicate that performance, but now i'd like to try the other single star trucks again using that same route to see if recent updates have made it possible.

@deadwanderer great job man, was satisfying watching your videos. gonna try that with the tractor and maybe the a-969

Hey guys good day. Sooooo i did a thing...

Was playing last night, hooked up the b6a to the little utility trailer, and used another truck with a crane to fully load as many rocks as I could into the little trailer. The tractors front wheels came off the ground about 2 feet, and I could only drive straight lol, BUT THE WHEELS DID NOT SPIN AT ALL! EVEN IN HIGH GEAR, DID NOT SPIN. My theory of adding weight onto the drive wheels is proven yet again. love that little tractor, and the cute vespa 2 stroke engine sound is awesome

More game bending rock collecting @1967deuce? Haha

Just to clarify, my quote from the other thread was in reference to successful crossings that only involved using the vehicle the way the developers intended. Like for example i don't consider floating or surfing with the engine off to be a developer intended mechanic, but to each his/her own. I'm not going to mention delivering unpacked logs, lol, but there's no animosity or judgement from me.

I'll never try to take anyone's in-game fun away, but my fun revolves around treating the developer's world as a simulation of ours. if i know it wouldn't be likely to work in our world or if success is determined by luck, i don't want to try it in mudrunner.

However, picking up a fallen tree should be possible, so with issues like that i have to suspend my disbelief in the developer created world...

All that aside, if i happen to need a few stones over my rear axle to keep moving forward, i can dig it, but more often i'd rather crash my un-ballasted 2wd until it sticks and then rescue it with probably another 2wd.

fixed link for 256 and 130

@deadwanderer nice work, i finally got to see it, thanks for fixing the link. I watched the whole section with the b130, and then jumped ahead with perfect timing to see the b6a tip over, haha.

From watching you drive, it seems i didn't have enough respect for the b130. now i can see it's just a matter of learning how to drive it myself. I cleared the b130 trophy by dragging it with a c260, now i think i didn't give the b130 a proper chance.

So, that brings me to my next operation; learn to drive the b130 by using it to clear a map with only the b6a for assistance. @1967deuce and deadwanderer, what map do you think will give me the best balance of encouragement and challenge?

@deadwanderer oh and also, thanks for showing my the trick using the rear winch mounts of the truck to get an extra truck length past the point you connected to... i don't know why i didn't think to do that lol

@grubdumpling I would recommend island or downhill

@grubdumpling Seconding on 1967deuce. Both has all kinds of "common" obstacles and are flexible in planning your route. (though Downhill is rather limmited in "delivery" phase, but everything else is good for practicing).

I'd also recommend the "Coast" (the old ST version), but current "Seashore" got some nasty places to stuck, where even best C-tiers having trouble to get over it so it require prior knowledge of map to avoid said places.

@grubdumpling said in One star triumphs:

@deadwanderer nice work, i finally got to see it, thanks for fixing the link. I watched the whole section with the b130, and then jumped ahead with perfect timing to see the b6a tip over, haha.

From watching you drive, it seems i didn't have enough respect for the b130. now i can see it's just a matter of learning how to drive it myself. I cleared the b130 trophy by dragging it with a c260, now i think i didn't give the b130 a proper chance.

So, that brings me to my next operation; learn to drive the b130 by using it to clear a map with only the b6a for assistance. @1967deuce and deadwanderer, what map do you think will give me the best balance of encouragement and challenge?

Hey grub. The b130 is a great truck, I know you wanna go for 1 star but if you spawn a truck able to have the crane, put a couple big rocks in the back will help ten fold. Too bad we can’t get the tailgate to close. Then I would put a full load in it. Lol was thinking it’s funny how 1 rock weighs more than a full load of logs

I've got all the one star completions done, and i usually spawn a b6a and c260/255 depending on the map (260 can self load med logs so it depends on if i need that feature, but for some reason the 260 cannot take a trailer when using the crane carriage that loads small logs like the 255... not sure i agree with that but it could be related to balance).

I do like the 130... but it's enough trouble to pull five log points around that i almost want to do it 2 pts at a time, haha. B130 with a log load in the back gets about pretty good. Started island, unlocked the second garage with the 130 and garage semi trailer, maybe winched it six times. Figured 5pts wouldn't hurt too much, but i got the small log trailer stuck too good and used the k700 to get it back to the 130. I had the 700 handy because i used it to load. It was my fault, i didn't plan the route well and had to detour. I did get the load back on course but had to fall asleep so i haven't delivered anything yet.

I guess i could try a rock in the back, maybe i'll do one rock, hook up one trailer and see if i can winch a second trailer to get six points. Otherwise i'm better off leaving logs in the back.

good luck man. rocks are your friends lol. I asked Iavagos about this, havent heard back