PTS Update 15/04/2021 (13.5)

Hey SnowRunners!

Small update on the PTS. Here are the changes:

• Fixed a bug where in hard mode trucks were visually repaired after closing and reopening the game
  • Further tweaks of ZiKZ 605-R suspension, rear side rotations added
  • Fixed missing icons in UI
  • Fixed log crane controls
last edited by Madorren

cmon bruh you guys got 3 whole pages worth off shit on the suspension and you still manage to pull this off https://prnt.sc/11ftnx4
https://prnt.sc/11ftpz8

@Madorren Icons now work but truck textures don't load fully and are all blurry af:
a7eaa4a2-92c9-4d3e-a6f7-627c54f91343-image.png

@kappa007 said in PTS Update 15/04/2021 (13.5):

cmon bruh you guys got 3 whole pages worth off shit on the suspension and you still manage to pull this off https://prnt.sc/11ftnx4
https://prnt.sc/11ftpz8

What seems to be the problem? Rear suspension doesn't extend or compress. There is no springs or shock absorbers in the back. 3rd and 4th wheel only rotate on the rocker arm in relation to eachother.

Contradicting information:
7766cdb8-5378-47f3-8a71-fd3e84481478-image.png

@Amynue so you dont think it looks bad that the suspension floats dead in the air bruh i dont care it got no suspension if its on a rocker it should follow the terrain and move accordingly not balance perfectly floating in mid air, https://prnt.sc/11fyy94 funny how a game even older with a lesser engine got it right

snblur.png Map roads are all blurry

@Madorren I appreciate the bug fix, but I personally actually love it when I reopen the game and find a vehicle visually repaired (which has happened with both mod and vanilla vehicles for me on Xbox One.) I would at least like to see visual damage repaired when trucks are fixed by service trailers, etc. Gets kind of lame to drive around a crumpled truck, and with the number of pesky rocks on the road and the collision physics it isn't easy to cross a map without doing some visual damage.

The textures are not loading correctly on 13.5.

@jpkrempetz And personally, I like just the opposite! When visual damage can only be repaired in the garage. This is a body repair and it needs special equipment and time. So everything is logical. I like this fix.

@jpkrempetz said in PTS Update 15/04/2021 (13.5):

when I reopen the game and find a vehicle visually repaired (which has happened with both mod and vanilla vehicles for me on Xbox One.)

it never happened! only when entering garage we have (now, in live console ver.) body repairs, for free.
and here we see fixes of pts hard mode, there all repairs are not for free, and mentioned above fix fix it - pay and get body repairs.

last edited by Stazco

@Amynue

That "contradicting information" is since start. Any truck with the option to have an engagable Difflock being NOT YET found or its unlock level not reached - its as "unlocked" diff in the workshop and thus, no locking option. As soon as you reach the UNLOCK level or you find it - then you can discover that and a second option with "engagable" to buy/install appears.

last edited by JTT

@bazileka

exactly!
so now i see the reason why the only possible repairs in Garage are FULL repair, even if you enter with minor damage! Accident repairs INCLUDED!)

When we repair vehicle onsite, by roof rack, or trailer - we get systems repairs, but for sure not body repairs!
So if you like shiny new look - pay for fenders, hoods, paint jobs, frame and cabin straightening equipment usage at Garage! Or dont play HM.

Great!

(and yes, i agree body damage system and visualization are weird in snowrunner and not perfect (these crappy headlights...), but its the different problem and topic.

last edited by Stazco

Unfortunately, the rocks and the map have LOD problems!
LOD 2.jpg
LOD 3.jpg

last edited by Kopasz442

@Kopasz442
I came here to say the same thing, but you beat me to it.

@Dax I'm so sorry I'll sleep more next time! 😄

I'm just a spectator here (currently not testing the PTS, because there's nothing worthwhile for me to test), but what's with the texture issues? Yikes.

There are problems with LODs in several places! Trees, truck,car tires, etc ...
LOD 4.jpg
LOD 5.jpg

last edited by Kopasz442

@Kopasz442 About 7GB of textures were removed in 13.5 (probably accidentally), so the low res texture are left instead, normally those low res ones are loaded instantly before the high res ones around player's render distance, but since the actual high res are gone for now, that's what left.

last edited by Nextej

@Nextej said in PTS Update 15/04/2021 (13.5):

@Kopasz442 About 7GB of textures were removed in 13.5 (probably accidentally), so the low res texture are left instead, normally those low res ones are loaded instantly before the high res ones around player's render distance, but since the actual high res are gone for now, that's what left.

This is an unfortunate mistake! ☹

@Kopasz442 But it's in line with Saber's history. Lots of screwups / noob mistakes throughout the game's release history. Two things get fixed, and one thing gets broken, if you're lucky. If not, many things get broken.