New VS Old.

Interesting the LTL is the heaviest truck. Pretty sure the Freightline is the biggest of the 3.

That's what I originally thought too. But yesterday I was reading about the Bison and if I recall correctly Freightliner took over that production from Chevy when Chevy stopped making semis, so it would make sense that FL would follow in Chevy's lightweight footsteps. Lightweight is generally good - it reduces fuel consumption & helps preserve tires & roads, but it limits towing capacity.

@unster said in New VS Old.:

That's what I originally thought too. But yesterday I was reading about the Bison and if I recall correctly Freightliner took over that production from Chevy when Chevy stopped making semis, so it would make sense that FL would follow in Chevy's lightweight footsteps. Lightweight is generally good - it reduces fuel consumption & helps preserve tires & roads, but it limits towing capacity.

Cool. I never knew that about reightliner that they took over from Chevy.

Try hooking up the articulating trailers to the bison, I've noticed for me at least, The rear of the bison actually gets lifted off the ground when it goes into a valley or at the start of a hill, Upwards or downwards. The hitch for those trailers move up and down freely. They do on the other trucks. I had a fuel tank on my bison when I noticed it

To be fair in the comparison I gave all trucks long logs so we can see what does better hauling the same load.

To get a trailer you wanted would mean to downgrade to a lighter medium or short load, which would be unfair.

Though knowing what we know now about the Bison being light weight, I could see the long trailers causing the issue you described. Maybe the Bison is better suited for short load hauls so all the weight is on the truck itself and not the trailer?

Just did a short log run with the Bison, it went way easier. This truck is definitely build for short hauls.

The issue I described happened with a fuel tank on the truck, While I was pulling a medium log trailer. Said trailer would pull the back wheels off the ground at times for me, Which is not right since those trailers have hitches that move up and down thus putting no weight on the truck, It should all be pulling weight. This happened on pavement for me btw

Was the fuel tank empty or full?