As a Sandstorm player ( who does NOT read the Sandstorm Steam forums ) i have to ask here if already someone is working on custom maps like those of the old Insurgency2014 ?
There were so many cool custom maps and mods which i really would love to see implemented into Sandstorm.
I think Alex ( Community Manager ) told once in one of his Youtube videos, that theoretically everyone who uses the Unreal Engine 4 - SDK can build a custom map for Sandstorm.
But hey... , since then i never heard again of this topic.
How are the plans ? Is it even possible to integrate a finished map into Sandstorm right now ?
Or do modders and map builders need a special tool/code/etc. to implement their custom work ? And if yes , why is NWI not releasing that tool for modders yet ?
As a regular consumer/customer i have no idea how this works and what we are waiting for ?
Any info about this would be appreciated.
Thank you all in advance for helpfull info !
This game urgently needs new maps ( original and custom maps ) and other content like custom-server-based-mods for :
- reduced character speeds and jump heights
- additional gear ( may be a Medpack which is healing the character immediatly )
- weapon mechanics ( less recoil when hipfiring , reworked recoil and weapon sway, etc. )
- sound mods ( Allaaahu akbar yelling suicide bombers, etc. )
- mod that adds civilians ! ( that would be awsome ! )
I have the impression that more and more players are getting bored by the same few maps playing them again and again.
We need fresh content to keep the game alive !