Draconus Battle Camp/Mods---Tank Stuff/Dynamic Weather/Winter/Mudrunner OverHaul

@shadowsincere
Do you mean its reading my mod last?

If it reads it first, anything installed after will overwrite it. it needs to be the last one installed to preserve its files.

@TemplarGFX
It's reading your mod 1st (highest priority) using mod enabler.
The other mod is copied inside manually though. (not overwriting any files).

Anyways doesn't matter I tried another way now.

I thought its another mod causing the problem but now I tried with the original Media, MeshCache, TextureCache folders, no mods or edited files.
Weather mod copied manually inside the right folders.
Same flying mud chunks though. Unless it is supposed to be like this ?
See the video: https://youtu.be/qZohl1doW4U

last edited by ShadowSINcere

@shadowsincere

You have me baffled. Ive never had anything even remotely like this occur on my setup.

Is anyone else experiencing this? The videos I've seen online so far seem fine (except yours!)

@shadowsincere

This is what it looks like on my game using this rediculously powerful Rock Bouncer by DrGoNzO. I can't even get stuff to flick outrageously with this truck, let alone a realistic one!

Youtube Video

@templargfx lmao banging the rev limiter hard there buddy!

@drgonzo1489 said in Draconus Battle Camp/Mods---Tank Stuff/Dynamic Weather/Winter/Mudrunner OverHaul:

ah the subtle control of the keyboard!

Also, I love just flinging as much crap up as I can manage

@templargfx Yes, I have same on mine. Mud chunks flying in the air. No other mod installed except Spintires Mod.

@templargfx are those mud particles tied to the dirt particles? Ie and physics?

@FearWheels
So yours does not look like my video above?
Is it for all trucks on any map, or just a specific truck? I am serious when I say I've never once seen it do anything remotely like that throughout its entire development

@drgonzo1489
Hey!

I am assuming you mean the dirt blobs on the wheel. The particles unfortunately have no effect at all and are purely cosmetic

@templargfx no I'm just curious if they piggy back off dirt particles physics...?

@templargfx No, It does not look like your vid. Have big chunks flying up. Have not gone that far into testing, but I will try today, and post vid.

@drgonzo1489

The base game had the following effect groups :
Dust
Dirt Burst
Dirt Chunks
Mud Splashes

What I did was take each one and expand it to use a 3 layered approach to determining which particle to spawn and the velocity its spawns at. I also added things like wind effects and increased situational complexity for certain effects.

@templargfx Yes, I do. And I really hate the fact that it's in a exe format. Lord knows what else it's doing.

@fearwheels
Can you try running without it and see if that stops this happening?

EDIT

nevermind. it is 100% SpintiresMod that is causing this. you will have to play without it if you want to use this

last edited by TemplarGFX

@templargfx Yes confirmed. But sadly we really need are Spintires mod. I wish someone would redo this mod properly in a non exe format and working with yours. Well this is bad news. ☹

@TemplarGFX
Same here with the crazy mud flying everywhere...
If it's a decision between weather and STMod, sorry but STMod wins...

@templargfx speaking of water going backwards. i am curious if there might be a fix or something for the way water goes "up" with the tires when driving through water. right now the stock game the water looks like it is hovering above and behind the tires a bit and magically getting sucked up into the wheel wells or around the wheels.just look at the back of the tires from a slight side view when driving through water to see what i mean if you do not get what i am talking about.

@templargfx said in Draconus Battle Camp/Mods---Tank Stuff/Dynamic Weather/Winter/Mudrunner OverHaul:

@drgonzo1489 said in Draconus Battle Camp/Mods---Tank Stuff/Dynamic Weather/Winter/Mudrunner OverHaul:

ah the subtle control of the keyboard!

Also, I love just flinging as much crap up as I can manage

btw, this is what force accel or (cruise control) is for. it is a throttle control for key board users. otherwise the throttle is just a full on/off switch.

@templargfx said in Draconus Battle Camp/Mods---Tank Stuff/Dynamic Weather/Winter/Mudrunner OverHaul:

@sodoma

Hi! Thanks for the feedback. this is a known bug Im working on. When I originally wrote the code for the horn, I did not know that the function was also called by vehicles when they are unlocked.

Its more of a problem than you might initially think. From the LUA files, its not actually possible to tell which vehicle is the players at any moment. only what vehicles are nearby. I do have an idea on a fix thankfully.

Just an idea, but is there an "easy" way to change it so that discovering/unlocking another truck just unlocks that truck without honking it's horn as well? Or just enable weather immediately on load without requiring user interaction? As far as the mod causing the game to crash if the weather changes while "in-menu" does this apply to the pause menu as well? What about the advanced menu? If so, that's decidedly inconvenient as there's no way to tell when the weather changes, and you can't always plan how long you might have to leave the game paused for washroom runs, food, etc. 😉

Also, it's been uploaded to "that 3rd-party website" already...

last edited by Mexican_420