What do you guys think about a search and destroy mode like cs or cod?

I think it would be nice to see how it works with the mechanics of this game.

Interactive has stated numerous times there is no intention to add any form of one life game-mode. They said it's something they would 'consider' in the future. 'Would consider it in the future' - This phrase implies they're not considering it in the present, and also implies there is a chance they won't even consider it at all. You want to know what else they might consider in the future? Battle Royale, Single player, Team Deathwatch, and every other stupid idea that people suggest. Its just a polite way to say "NO."

last edited by johnrose554452

@johnrose554452 said in What do you guys think about a search and destroy mode like cs or cod?:

Interactive has stated numerous times there is no intention to add any form of one life gamemode. They said it's something they would 'consider' in the future. 'Would consider for the future' - This phrase implies they're not consideing it in the present, and also implies there is a chance they won't even consider it at all. You want to know what else they might consider in the future? Battle Royale, Single player, Team Deatchmatch, and every other stupid idea that people suggest. Its just a polite way to say "NO."

I don't know about all of this. I can virtually guarantee Ambush is going to be added later in development, since there's a small but hardcore Ambush community, including myself.

NWI says they'll consider it in the future because right now they're working on polishing the game and bug fixing so it's smooth and bug-free on release. It's also a way to keep their ass in check in case they don't add something. But New World has always been community-driven and always will be.

Well, I hope you're right. Not the biggest fan of Ambush, but if it's the only one life gamemode we can get, so be it. If they do add Ambush: Best of 7, switch sides after 3, breifcase for offensive team(must be ran to one of two extraction points). Person who grabs breifcase can only use pistol as one hand is being used to carry briefcase. If person dies with breifcase a teammate may pick it up and run toward extraction point. If enemy spots briefcase, enemy can destroy it and round is loss.

I think this is a better form of Ambush, thatb way a stupid Vip doesnt rush and die and lose the round.

But if people don't like that idea, I'll just deal with orginal ambush. Cant complain too much.

UPDATE: No, they don't have any plans to add it. Marksmanmark, everything that you just said is pure speculation. Please, please don't spew garbage. To say that there is a "virtually guarantee Ambush is going to be added later" is a flat out false assumption when Mikee said that they're not committed to it. I believe your optimism is getting in the way of reality.

"we're thinking about it but we're not committed to it unless the mode feels good and has an audience." - - Mikee
https://www.reddit.com/r/insurgency/comments/96z9lm/hi_were_new_world_interactive_developers_of/?sort=confidence

That was a comment made yesterday.

"ll consider it in the future because right now they're working on polishing the game and bug fixing "

You can make a promise for post-release. That has nothing to do with it. It has to do with "Splitting the player-base." Or it wasn't "a popular game-mode" I agree Ambush was garbage compared to other one-life modes though, which is why I made a better suggestion. Ambush was deeply flawed. No wonder it wasn't as popular as Search and Destroy on COD, or Americas army 2 and proving grounds(which is strictly one-life) or Mohaa(Objective based match). I remember going into the old forums and asking the developers to fixed flawed Ambush for year and a half. Not so community-driven, is it?

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.