Force19Mods

@smaronenine i see nothing wrong with a few small "easy" rock sections scattered about imo.

also you know there are a few of us that can chip in. me included, provided i get the time. i am working 6-7 days atm.

@RiskyWisky that would work too, but personally i would rather have the section be part of the normal trail, but to each their own, not everyone is looking for the same thing basicly, which seems to make map making for logging a touch more difficult to do imo.

one example of the better maps that i have played that is fairly well known would be the long ridge maps. for terrain they are very well done and the 2 maps are not built exactly the same. only thing long ridge is missing imo is small rock sections to up the difficulty a bit. at the same time though it is underwhelming for a straight out trail map. otherwise it is an awesome "double duty" map if you will.

now i have not made any maps for the game, but from the looks of it making a logging map just seems to be harder to do than a trailing map because of more attention to keeping a bit of a "balance" with things. whether it is or not you fellas making maps could truely say, but to me as a fellow player who has some idea and some what knows what it takes, trailing maps just look and seem like they would be a bit easier imo.

how difficult you want to try and make things is up to you, i think it will be fun to see how far it can go before it becomes too much.

think of logging with the likes of this as obstacles maybe. take your time and short loads i feel would be no real problem, but a fun challenge for sure. now trailers? highly doubtful with sections like these i would say, but sounds like a challenge someone would try. lol

alt text

alt text

alt text

but that is just me and you fellas know me.... lol
alt text
alt text

for some reason i wasnt able to acces the text editor on the forum ... anyway

lets recap
i did a tube bumper a few minutes after the last images
alt text
then did more to the front and added some tow rings
alt text
also remodeled the Interco TLS Swampers from the 2Door XJ and made them again
alt text
then testing begun in Mesa (my beta test map for models)
alt text
and now we reach the present day
alt text
alt text
alt text
@Iyagovos I found bugs with the SteeringJointOffset="" code, it makes the suspension loose strenght in the wheels its applied p.d I know that just like us youre another user of the game but I add you because you're a moderator and might have better contacts with the Dev (pavel) to give him the info

basically the rear SuspensionStrenght is set to 0.008 and the fron had to be set to 0.15 to match the rear suspension (despite its a higher number it is still softer than the rear) but once i delete the line the suspension strenght goes back to normal

same happens when you have a 2 _Cdt chassis (to emulate the frame twisting in trucks) once you parent a axle or set of wheels to a Body_cdt the suspension in the Main cdt will be less stronger once in game

@forces geez look at that sexy Cherokee

@8up-local Yeah man, Great Pics BTW.
I think my goal with this map is gonna be having a little bit of everything I've just begun working my tight and narrow rocky trails for the trail map fans but still leaving enough room for the big log runs if you feel brave enough, but I also still have those not tough paths/roads for the casual riders but those paths/roads will still have challenging terrain with mud holes and falling downed trees etc. , My biggest issue with a logging map so far is where and what to choose for stock trucks and what to put on them for add-ons at the start , but I plan to have a lot of them and mix them up with the American rides as well.

The more I drive the more I like this 2 tone
Who said old maps arent still a challenge or give a good hour of fun
Albi Wa by MoeRon

alt text
alt text
alt text
alt text
alt text

its a constant tight fit in the trail but its because the portals making the track wider but who cares lol

Love the Cherokee, the portals are awesome.

Ever thought of making your shocks a different color? like a more dark ish green ish blue would look nice

Its kind of a tradition now, First they were red now blue on Custom 4x4s and some of Smar's mods get orange Shocks or Coils, stock trucks/cars get a black Damper and coil

@forces said in Force19Mods:

Its kind of a tradition now, First they were red now blue on Custom 4x4s and some of Smar's mods get orange Shocks or Coils, stock trucks/cars get a black Damper and coil

i didnt know that you did that with most of your mods

@riskywisky yeah, same with links and coils, stock ones are black with black/chrome ends and red brake calipers

custom Low end stuff get painted parts and trai only things get most of the stuff painted and brand stickers in the glass or in some body pannels

@forces yea ive noticed by the photos that most of your mods have blue links

@forces Hey btw how do you apply images on a model in substance? thanks man!

Just curious, what rim size are you running on the Cherokee, because I see you running the portals outside of the rims. I believe (at least with unimog 404 axles) the rims should be able go over the portals with a 17" rim of bigger.

@RiskyWisky I have to make a guide about substance just to post out the info and help or answer the questions that might pop at any moment

@wrangmog those right now are 15in rims and yeah the portals dont fit int hem lol, i need 17in or bigger to fit them buuuuuuut im also running spacersbecause the beadlock would hit the portal edge, i could run some Hmmwv rims that have a internal beadlock but i aalready used those on the Kodiak and im not a fan of ussing the same rims too many times, i modeled some 17in rims that fit but i wont take the extra width of the spacer just because it looks good lol

@forces Interesting, in my opinion are double beadlock rings kind of an overkill, overhere most of us run only a beadlock on the outside of the rim because there is the change of pushing your tire of the rim the highest. A second ring is only extra weight.

But all my mods have separable rims (Hutchinsons with inner beadlocks and adapters to fit the unimog axles), just way better :).

i was curious to see how Beamng works, Now I undestand the name and why mods take months to make (or years if you like to model things and then hate them and re model them like I do)

This made me love more Spintires Havok based Engine

on a side note, its quite similar to Rigs Of Rods (SkullOfDeath was a mod maker in there btw)

so yeah I'll stick with spintires Mod making LOL
updates on the XJ (No pics)

im building a stock XJ now with a almost acurate front and rear suspension including sway bars (pics soon i forgot to load them before going to the office)

alt text
alt text
alt text

the white parts are new models added to the custom XJ (i deleted them instead of hidding them so I decided to remake them lol)

@Forces damn man nearly perfect, awesome job.