Peripheral Support In MudRunner

Hi all!

Lots of players have been asking what kind of support for wheels MudRunner will have. We’ve decided to take this opportunity to let you know exactly how we will be supporting wheels in the game.

First off, let’s start with the steering wheels that will be officially supported on PC.

These are:

• Logitech G920 + Driving Force Shifter
  • Logitech G29 + Driving Force Shifter
  • Thrustmaster T300
  • Logitech G27 Steering Wheel
  • Logitech G Saitek Farming Sim

The drivers for the wheels that need them are listed below:

All of these wheels have been officially tested and will be detected by the game, as well as have official presets for their control schemes. In order to get optimal use of these, you’ll want to rebound inputs through the game’s settings.

Any other wheels should work with MudRunner, provided you have the correct drivers installed, but we don’t currently officially support them.

You will be able to fully rebind controls for any of these wheels, should you not be satisfied with the default presets.

To access these presets, you will need to:

• Go into the "Controls" menu
  • Proceed to the "Wheels" tab.
  • Once there, press the "Defaults" button in order to set the defaults to your specific device.
  • If you're using a manual gear shifter, check the checkbox "Manual Gearbox With Clutch"

With regards to controllers on PC, we do plan to support the usual controllers.

• Keyboard and Mouse : Full Support
  • Xbox One Controller (Elite and Regular) : Full Support
  • Xbox 360 Controller: Full Support
  • Steam Controller : Supported as XInput - can be customised through Steam Big Picture (UI won't update)
  • PS4 Controller : Partial support through Steam Big Picture - UI does not show PS4 inputs

On consoles, we support all officially certified PS4 and Xbox One wheels:

On PS4, those are:

• THRUSTMASTER T300 RS
  • THRUSTMASTER T300 Ferrari GTE Wheel
  • 4GAMERS Compact Racing Wheel
  • THRUSTMASTER T80 Racing Wheel
  • PS4 Hori Racing Wheel
  • Trhustmaster T150
  • Logitech G29 DRIVING FORCE

On Xbox One, those are:

• Thrustmaster TS-XW Racer Sparco P310 Competition Mod racing wheel
  • Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition
  • Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas One
  • Thrustmaster TMX Force Feedback racing wheel
  • Hori Racing Wheel Overdrive
  • Logitech G920 DRIVING FORCE

Other wheels may work, but as they are not officially certified by the platform holders, we don't currently officially support them.

On consoles, obviously, you'll be able to use the controllers that typically work with the console. You won't be able to use ones that don't normally work, so no Xbox One controller for PS4 MudRunner, or vice versa.

As always, let us know if you have any questions!

last edited by Jellyfoosh

Hi!
Is using 2 controllers at the same time possible on PC? Like a T300 steering wheel and a standalone shifter?
Would be great, so i don't have to use a controller emulator.
Friend of mine have the same problem with His T500 and a TH8RS (not the TH8A) shifter.

Thank you for creating such a great game!

Hi!

Like I say in the original post, we don't officially support anything that's not listed, but I don't see why it shouldn't work. We do plan to support multi-USB inputs.

Thanks for the quick reply! That are very good news!! 🙂

The "old" Spintires did not have multi-USB support, that's why I was asking.

Howbout XBox 360 gamepads and generic Gamepads? In the original game certain functions could only be bound to a XBox 360 pad and certain functions could only be bound to a generic non-360 pad. Do we now get all keybinds on a singular gamepad, or do we still need the mouse ánd keyboard to fill in the gaps when playing with a gamepad?

(On some pc's you can't use the Shifter when using a gamepad because it moves too slow and the truck stalls 100% of the time. So you're forced to switch to the mouse for shifting. This is quite similar to the 'camera bungee physics' people sometimes complain about. On some pc's the Gamepad control isn't 'strong enough' to overcome the force pulling the camera back to it's previous position. This is hardware related, so not everybody encountered this, but I have heard multiple people mention it and I have reported it several times. I don't think OOVEE passed it on though. Strangely enough it's not framerate related. So I suspect it's not a problem related to the Timestep not being fixed which is usually the cause of inconsistent physics in games that are still in development.)

last edited by OttoNL

@OttoNL said in Peripheral Support In Spintires: MudRunner:

Howbout XBox 360 gamepads and generic Gamepads? In the original game certain functions could only be bound to a XBox 360 pad and certain functions could only be bound to a generic non-360 pad. Do we now get all keybinds on a singular gamepad, or do we still need the mouse ánd keyboard to fill in the gaps when playing with a gamepad?

The X360 gamepad is fully supported, as the X1 one.

@Netheos said in Peripheral Support In Spintires: MudRunner:

i feel you are not understanding the question @Netheos. what Otto is asking is will we be able to rebind the controller buttons to different functions so when using a controller we do not have to use the key board or will it still be the same type of control set up for the controller that we already have with the original game. right now we can only rebind a few things to the controller and still need the key board for some functions.

Did u guys change the release date cause if you did can you tell me what it is

@8up-local You won't need keyboard and mouse to play. The pad will be enough to fully play the game.

@Mr-Milkdud-14 said in Peripheral Support In Spintires: MudRunner:

Did u guys change the release date cause if you did can you tell me what it is

The date didn't change. It's still October 31st.

@Netheos ok, thanks that is what we was wanting to know. thank you.

Although not support on console will force feedback work with the Thrustmaster T300?

Do you plan to put the difflock damage when using a steering wheel?
Because on the original Spintires game, when using a steering wheel, we can put difflock always ON

I am curious, The G920 and G29 are virtually the same wheel, but one is for Xbox (G920) while the other is for PS4 (G29); Will both of them be compatible?
I own the G29, which is not listed. @Iyagovos

last edited by SemaSS

@SemaSS I would expect that to be no problem. those wheels are identical.

Any chance of adding TrackIR support to the PC version in the future?

@8up-local said in Peripheral Support In Spintires: MudRunner:

@Netheos said in Peripheral Support In Spintires: MudRunner:

i feel you are not understanding the question @Netheos. what Otto is asking is will we be able to rebind the controller buttons to different functions so when using a controller we do not have to use the key board or will it still be the same type of control set up for the controller that we already have with the original game. right now we can only rebind a few things to the controller and still need the key board for some functions.

Kinda late, but yup that's what I meant 🙂
But I assume we just get pre-set keybinds and no customization and no possibility to use generic cheap gamepads.
I wonder how they will bind all the features to just 1 gamepad. I'm a little skeptical.

@Iyagovos Hi, you state, and I quote;

*'With regards to the steering wheels that we’ll be supporting on consoles, we don’t plan to support wheels when the game launches on October 31st, 2017.

We do plan to support wheels later on after launch, however, and all wheels that are officially supported in the PC version Spintires: MudRunner will be compatible with the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game.'*

So, you don't plan to support wheels when the game launch but do plan to support later AFTER launch. For me, I'm on Xbox One, and I just want to play this game with my wheel-set-up, not with a controller. So the question for me is: How long after the launch will you guys come with a patch that will supports wheels on consoles? Will that be after a week or do we, wheel owners, have to wait for months or even longer? In other words; When I made the decision to buy MUD RUNNER, I want to know for sure I get wheel support for this game on Xbox One within a reasonable time frame.

Hope to get a clear answer about this matter from you, thank you kindly!

@rhs said in Peripheral Support In Spintires: MudRunner:

How long after the launch will you guys come with a patch that will supports wheels on consoles? Will that be after a week or do we, wheel owners, have to wait for months or even longer? In other words; When I made the decision to buy MUD RUNNER, I want to know for sure I get wheel support for this game on Xbox One within a reasonable time frame.

We can't give you an accurate time frame because we don't know on our side yet. It will depends on how the release of the game is going.

We're doing our best to release the best possible game, meaning that hopefully it will be smooth and we'll be able to work on post launch update right after release. But testing a game with a QA team of 20 people and having dozens of thousands of players playing is vastly different.

Wheel support is planned for short term after release, and we'll do everything we can to bring it quickly, but we can't give you an estimated date yet. Have a nice day!

last edited by Netheos