...Is that (just like in the old game) it SEVERELY punishes people for setting up good sightlines and going prone on a distant hilltop with either a sniper or an LMG because it's almost a GUARANTEE that a bot will round a corner 1,000,000 meters away and hipfire headshot you while jogging sideways...with only ironsights (that they don't even use), even though you might only be able to see them as a pixel through a 100X scope.
I'm serious. If a modder set up a map that large and modded in that scope this scenario would play out exactly as I described it.
Because of this "quirk" of the AI being GODLIKE at longer ranges, it conditions players (and eventually all "pro/seasoned" COOP players end up playing this way) to just sprint to an objective...get inside...and cover doors and maybe occasionally peek a window (but that's RISKY! OH NO!)
- Defend from a rooftop? DEAD!
- Cover your team from 200m away prone in full camo using a 7x sniper? DEAD FOR SURE!
- Set up your bipod on a balcony or window to defend against the incoming wave? DEAD!
- Choose to engage an enemy bot you see shooting at you from 300m away rather than duck and cover? DEAD!
- Choose to shoot at the Technical? SUPER DEAD! (And anyone behind you too!)
- Call in a super tiny, fast, evasive IED drone against COOP bots? "DRONE SHOT DOWN!"
- Call in any chopper against bots who only have rifles and no RPGs? CHOPPER DEAD IN 5 SECONDS!
The end result being that combat against bots becomes a door-watching game, picking them off as they mindlessly walk through the door one-by-one... because any and all other combat actions taken in the open will almost guarantee player death. This leads to super boring combat, and very little actual firefights.