Spun

@Unster this is where the files are for workshop mods.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\675010..
__this brings you to a list of your workshop mods. The list is numerical.. as in no names.
__ The Mudrunner Mod 1.7.9 _the 'Game Settings' tab opens, a mod list with names, Right-click, the number then, Show in Explorer, click your way to the .xml for the mod your working on. don't for get to save the change(s).
_0_1537818353671_mod.JPG

@cjintx He took them all down.

@rufus
Excellent, and thanks again for the info. That's what I needed. Now I don't have to complain anymore. I re-added Spun's K5 to my list and nerfed it by about half. Now it's perfect.

@unster __glad to help. hope this opens up the enjoyment for you..

@Spun __sorry to crash your thread spun.. bright side, another happy player.. Rufus

@rufus
It sure did. I did the same to one of Nix's mods who makes good trucks too like Spun but also overpowered (he seems to work from Spun's mods as a baseline). Also lowered his engine volume and reduced garage/repair points as appropriate.

BTW, I didn't use the MudRunner Mod (I generally don't trust exe's from the internet), but what I did is sort the workshop mods by modification date, and then it's not too hard to find the one you're looking for. Inside each zip there's a top-level xml file with the mod/vehicle name inside it.

@unster you can trust the mod itself, just make sure it is coming from a link you trust. i only use the cam, longer winch and electric winch in the mod. also nix makes his own stuff. they (spun, nix and a few other of the fellas in the "group") just work and help each other when needed. just so happens the way they build are very similar. heck nix was making stuff before anyone even knew he was making them lol. good to hear you figured things out to tweak things to your liking.

keep having fun fellers,
8up

@8up-local said in Spun:

nix makes his own stuff. they (spun, nix and a few other of the fellas in the "group") just work and help each other when needed. just so happens the way they build are very similar.

Oh yeah, for sure. I didn't mean that Nix only starts from Spun's work. Just in the case of his '70 Ford F100 I noticed it had the same mass and torque as Spun's K5. So some work was obviously shared between them.

@unster said in Spun:

@8up-local said in Spun:

nix makes his own stuff. they (spun, nix and a few other of the fellas in the "group") just work and help each other when needed. just so happens the way they build are very similar.

Oh yeah, for sure. I didn't mean that Nix only starts from Spun's work. Just in the case of his '70 Ford F100 I noticed it had the same mass and torque as Spun's K5. So some work was obviously shared between them.

I've noticed several of nix's truck have a lot of the same values for power, mass, gearing etc...

@brazz989 very true, they have found a common ground that works for their trucks. it just so happens to be basicly the same settings. after spending years building and tweaking their trucks for the maps they play together on, it would only be somewhat natural for the fellas to build similar trucks.

which is one of the reasons why i have always asked map builders to use multiple trucks from different vehicle builders. so maps do not become "tailored" shall we say, to those specific vehicles or vehicles built by one or two builders. now whether or not map builders want to take the time to do this is up to them. either way i am sure vehicle and map builders will still get the job done and we will have our fun. lol

Getting Gymkhana vibes from the DiRT games looking at that beast haha.

Wow, that's super cool, I love it. 😎

@spun
__ hi spun, when you re-introduce a model, do you apply specif actions that you have you have developed since the first release, or do you just keep the settings the same (if it ain't broke, kinda thing)?__Rufus

@rufus i can say with 98% certainty that if it is getting re-released it gets a bit of a rework. i have yet to find anyone who is just "ok" with re-releasing something with out giving things a bit of a touch up. no matter how good a mod or model is most people will always try to make it "better" if they can. lol

@8up-local yeah, thats the point in 1 month you can improve allot so everything must be reworked (from 0 if possible (in my case (LOL) ) )

That zone truck was in the original Spintires right? It seems very familiar.

Best to see your MJ on MudRunner Spun !!!!!