Draconus Battle Camp/Mods---Tank Stuff/Dynamic Weather/Winter/Mudrunner OverHaul

@mexican_420 said in Draconus Battle Camp/Mods---Tank Stuff/Dynamic Weather/Winter/Mudrunner OverHaul:

These modders are making the devs look like amateurs though...
Devs: weather, tracked vehicles? Can't be done...
TemplarGFX/Draconus/AlexNez: Oh really? Hold my beer...
😆

True that!

Hey guys had couple of people get ahold of me with messed up windows while driving in cockpit using the rain build...i found the issue deals with null textures one is done incorrectly so to fix this and use stock texture simply remove these 2 textures form rain mod inside media folder is a _t folder....

env_windshield_distort__d_uncmp and env_windshield_distort_wet__d_uncmp...once this is done game will use stock ones again and ill get fix done and update the newest rain build with proper null textures its a no biggie...just simple mistake wa sodne ont he one that is causing the wierd whitish windows while ur in cockpit

In order to create a null texture for mudrunner for anyone if you want to remove a in game one all black texture is way to do it...

On spintires it could be a completly blank transparent texture and would work fine...for mudrunner its all black...

@BlueBirde thank you for the kind comment above mate and loving what were doing 😉

last edited by Draconus

@Mexican_420 you too thank you for the comment reshared above by BlueBirde and its so true lol 😉

Lol, so true though! It seems it's another game where the modders make a majority of the things happen.

@woodingot i comepltly disagree on the above...st+ nor st mod exe is real time physic based track support...its a hacked style of animated tracks nothing more its more like spintank way back on st 2011 build Pavel and Paublo(Arrial did) but again that was implented due to pavel and worked better due to such...not an engine hack track support like st+ or st mod exe......

The king tiger drives realistic and the tracks are completly on a totaly different level than the streatchy rubber band tracks that are absolute garbage of st+ or st mod exe ...so far i havent seen anything like the king tiger tank which flawed in some areas the design is sound really sound and has internal braking system for turning it...

They also have ingenous way of keeping tacks on at all times and aligned to everything..

Noob also had design for netrual steering setup that worked as well in my talks with him over the past couple of years

Yeah isnt it a kicker he promises track support for how manny years and already had it there in 2011 which worked great wasnt realtime was animated tracks but it was all in the core game...still there through 2013 tech demo and removed by Pavel for 2014 st....why he designed it went through all that work 2 years prior them ripps it out of the game in 2014 never to be use begain till st + track support came around...really stupid if you ask me and makes no sense

@Digital-X yup itl be us modders keeping this game alive in the end not the dev...i can see it already ;)...st flash back...i swear im suffering with PTSD from this stuff lmao and if you have humrous mind youl figure out what the PTSD stands for lol

I know the meaning mate yeah, don't let it get to you know. You take it easy!

@Draconus How is ST+ not real time physical track? ST+ does not alter the way track loop works its still chain of cdt that collides with wheels just like on King tiger. All ST+ does is provide ways to keep track from coming off and method of skid steering. Driving is still done by wheel friction against track same way as on King tiger.

@woodingot on ur question above it does not have seperate physics lines for each track section...like king tiger which has 94 tracks sections each one has its how physics in xml...st+ does not do this its more of a hacked animated style like i said above if it were real time then tracks would flex realisticly by each section instead of whole tracks section doing it...

And they are like rubbber bands real physic tracks do not do this at all like the tigers tracks they dont stretch lol

Know for something cool to bad its not holloween 😈

This is going to be a tribute project not for faint of heart ethier im going to litterly transform mudrunner into hell complete with mud of blood and guts of the wicked, all sfx,models will have hell look so end til all be hellish looking ....water will run red and the sky will be like fire enjoy some of these beginging pics of the mud design...yes this is going to be insane that is the point and a complete tribute to one of my favorite games and first game i ever fell in love with back in 1996 Doom and what originally got me into modding...doom maps back then called Wads..passion for game design took off after that and tons of game engines since here we are 22 years later 😈

alt text

Did this long long time ago back on st...Doom tribute using brutes e-350 van...has 3d effect to it as well 😉

alt text

alt text

alt text

@zamal
$15 USD. I even gave him a discount because he owned the previous version of my soul. 😉

@mexican_420 xd that bitch had to pay full prise in my case 🐲 it was my first trade

@zamal lmao love the comment..price was all the souls in hell 😈

@Mexican_420 urs is lmao as well....welcome to the hell train...gimme ur soul... lol...thanx guys love good humor

Something else i did couple nights back...was in one of those moods listening to Slipknot...lol Here is another skin for the MATV tribute to another game i love Lords Of The Fallen...has blood splashed down the sides too was just messing around

alt text

I will say this i absolutly hate the texture file size-- down sizing feature in game exe...makes a copy of same texture same res but smaller file size by changing the dxt format on it...i think it take it and converts everything to dxt3 which is smaller compressionin size than dxt5 which is best quality and what i always use for dds...

@Mexican_420 you were talking about this one night and u are correct it does change the texture and alter the channels in it like the alpha channel....its also bugged to hell as well if mod has to manny textures game wont copy all correctly and do single byte solid color texture

Know for you Mexican_420 and anyone else wants to get around this but be warned...its a pain in the butt period

Simply take all tetxures of mod put into folder,make refernce to texturecache folder in app data and see if trucks_ is at beginning of textures if not then your good...once game makes all texture copies to app data exit game go in to app data and add all the original texture over writing all ....know back out right click on texturecache folder go to properties

Make sure you do this after you have all mods installed first !!!!

select read only check box
Select advanced tab bottom right...at bottom you see two check boxes for compressing and encrypting folder...
select encrypt contents to secure data....
Know itl do its thing after you hit apply and texturecache folde riwll turn green and all files in it...
This will prevent exe under most circumstances to not recopy the textures again...

There ya go work around for stupid texture reduction feature and how i play 😉

@Draconus
Think adding uncmp in the filename would help with this?

This post is deleted!