Stars on trucks? why?

it seems it is only on the starter vehicles on the normal maps.
alt text
alt text

so far people i have seen talking about this and people i have talked with find it quite ugly and a mistake with the coding or something when the DLC was released. if it is on purpose then just what is this about anyway?

Community Moderator - Spintires

I haven't those when started new map, but on already finished, yes.
To me it looks like your "record" on map, how many stars you needed to finish it - fewer is cooler 🙂

idk, still i do not like it. is there a way to remove it? or shall i start digging? lol

1 star is the best. That simple.

0_1518605096323_Untitled.png
Oh, so this is what it meant..i just thought it was a nice soviet era star paintjob
I personally like the red star. It has a certain specific feeling to the vehicles origin and location of the game

last edited by Mr.T

tbh i dont mind red star but i dont get the point why is it there XD maybe in mp it will show others that u have finished map in 1 red start

well it may look cool to some, but i do not like it and think it is ugly as sin.

rain for me all day, so i guess i will spend some time looking for this. any opinions on where to find this in the files? lol

hot dog, no more stars for me. i am happy. i did not realize it was going to be so easy. i thought for sure there was going to be some coding or something. nope, just erase the image (not delete) the gui_star__d_a.dds and replace back into the texture zip.

however this is the same image that shows for the balance point stars when selecting a map. which is something i can totally deal with. lol

alt text

last edited by 8up local

I like the stars and hope they stay.
alt text

The 4 or 5 tiny stars are immersion breaking for me.
I wouldn't have a problem if it was a big red star paintjob.

I don't like it but if they going to keep it, the stars should be on both sides not only on the driver side.

@8up-local said in Stars on trucks? why?:

hot dog, no more stars for me. i am happy. i did not realize it was going to be so easy. i thought for sure there was going to be some coding or something. nope, just erase the image (not delete) the gui_star__d_a.dds and replace back into the texture zip.

however this is the same image that shows for the balance point stars when selecting a map. which is something i can totally deal with. lol

Thats what I did, I haven't played the new map wasted an hour to remove the stars â˜ș

Anyway, I love this game

last edited by kampolis86

@mr-t Apart from that facelifted grill which just doesn`t look good

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.